I love a good crock pot roast! I usually make the kind with onion soup mix and cream of mushroom soup, but I tried a new recipe tonight, and liked it so much better. You can throw in some vegetables and potatoes if you want (I used carrots). The gravy I made with the juices was excellent too!Three Packs and a Roast
adapted from recipezarr.com and bigoven.com
1 beef roast
1/2 envelope Ranch salad dressing mix
1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
1 envelope brown gravy mix
1 1/2 cups water
1. In a small bowl combine all 3 seasoning mixes.
2. Place roast on a plate. Sprinkle half of the seasoning mixture evenly over roast and pat on like a dry rub.
3. Place roast in crock pot with the seasoned side down. Sprinkle remaining seasoning mixture over roast.
4. Add some vegetables or potatoes, if desired. Pour water over roast.
5. Cover, cook on low 7-9 hours.
If desired, thicken cooking juices for gravy.
Remove meat to a warm platter, then strain and skim the fat from the cooking juices. Measure out 2 cups of juices and place in a saucepan. Combine 6 tablespoons flour and 2/3 cup cold water, then add to saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly, until the gravy is thickened.