CSS

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Easy Shepherd's Pie

I make this shepherd's pie every couple of months. It is in no way an elegant meal. I was able to get a nice picture, but you should have seen my husband's plate! I love it because it's easy and it's an all in one dish. I make my bread machine rolls to go with it and I have a meal. The significant thing about this recipe is the garlic mashed potatoes. I use minced garlic in a jar, a packet of brown gravy, and sometimes (I hate to admit) instant mashed potatoes.
Easy Shepherd's Pie
from kraftfoods.com
1 lb. ground beef
2 cups hot mashed potatoes
4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) cream cheese, cubed
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 16oz. bag frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
1 cup beef gravy

1 Brown meat in large skillet; drain.
2 Mix potatoes, cream cheese, 1/2 cup cheese, and garlic until well blended.
3 Combine meat, vegetables and gravy; spoon into 9-inch square baking dish.
4 Cover with potato mixture and remaining cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 min. or until heated through.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If this tastes half as good as it looks, my family will be so pleased!