I almost went a whole month without posting!! I'm in my new kitchen and getting settled. I'll do a post about it soon, but we're trying to finish painting it right now. This week I bought a bunch of peaches for $.78 a lb and wanted to try my Brazos Baked French Toast recipe with them. It was AMAZING! I've made it with blueberries too, but we liked this even better. I also used some to make a peach sauce, which I'll post separately, but the link will be listed below. It's super easy and great for breakfast, brunch, or if you're like us, dinner. :)
1 loaf french bread (day old bakery bread works great)
3-5 peaches, peeled and thinly sliced
8 oz cream cheese
4 TBSPs butter or margarine, melted
1 1/2 cups half and half
1/4 cup peach jam
Peach sauce (optional) or whatever you want on top
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 in baking dish with non stick spray.
2. Cube bread and layer half in prepared dish. Layer the sliced peaches in rows on top of the bread cubes. Cut the cream cheese into small pieces and drop them on evenly across the peaches. Cover with remaining bread cubes. 2. Pour melted butter over the top of the bread cubes.
3. Whisk together half and half, jam, and eggs pour over the top as evenly as possible. Try to cover all the bread. The jam might sink to the bottom and end up on top after pouring, which is totally fine. Press down with spatula so that the liquid is absorbed by the bread.
4. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
5. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45-50 min. If it starts to get too brown, lay a sheet of foil on top until it has finished baking. Remove from oven and sift powered sugar over top. Cut into 8-12 servings. Serve with peach sauce or syrup.