That's right, more blueberries! Gotta use up all the berries we picked! This is a variation of my Brazos Baked French Toast. I've changed a couple of things from the original. Besides the addition of blueberries, I cut down on the butter because you just don't need it. This is a fabulous breakfast or brunch that will definitely impress! I used a Blueberry Sauce on the top in this picture that made it taste even more fruity! I'll be posting that too.
Blueberry Baked French Toast1 loaf french bread (day old bakery bread works great)
8 oz cream cheese
1 - 1 1/2 cups blueberries (frozen works too)
4 TBSPs butter or margarine, melted
1 1/2 cups half and half
1/4 cup maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 in baking dish with non stick spray.
2. Cube bread and layer half in prepared dish. Cut the cream cheese into small pieces and sprinkle evenly across the bread. Sprinkle on blueberries. Cover with remaining bread cubes.
2. Pour melted butter over the top of the bread cubes.
3. Mix half and half, syrup, and eggs pour over the top as evenly as possible. Try to cover all the bread. Press down with spatula so that all the liquid is absorbed by the bread.
4. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
5. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 min. If it starts to get too brown, lay a sheet of foil on top until it has finished baking. Remove from oven and sift powered sugar over top. Cut into 8-12 servings. Serve with blueberry sauce or maple syrup.
Here are some pics of the process. They aren't the best though because I took them with my phone and didn't have very good lighting, but you get the idea.