This is a great way to use up your mushy bananas! And because they are mini muffins, they only bake for 15 minutes instead of an hour like banana bread. These would also be good with chocolate chips. This recipe makes about 48 mini muffins, but you can half it.
adapted from foodnetwork.com
1 cup sugar
1 stick butter, room temperature
2 large eggs
3 ripe bananas
1 TBSP milk
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray muffin tins with cooking spray, or use liners.
2. Cream the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Mix in the milk and cinnamon. In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined. Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour disappears.
5. Fill muffin cups using a small scoop (1 TBSP). Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes in pan. Remove from pan and finish cooling on rack.
Makes about 48 muffins