CSS

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Poppy Seed Chicken

This is one of my little sister Leann's favorite recipes. I made it for my family, and my kids gobbled it up. I cooked my rice in chicken broth to give it more flavor. You could also serve it over noodles.

Poppy Seed Chicken
2-3 chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces (about 2 cups)
1 cup sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup crushed Ritz crackers (about 25 crackers)
1 TBSP poppy seeds
3 TBSPs butter, melted

1. Cook chicken in in medium skillet until no longer pink. Stir in sour cream and soup. Spread in a 2 quart casserole dish.
2. In a bowl, combine crackers, poppy seeds, and butter. Mix well. Sprinkle over chicken.
3. Bake 375° for 30 minutes. Serve over rice.
Serves 6

2 comments:

Jordan said...

My sister really likes this too. She usually requests it with mashed potatoes.

Kristy said...

mmm, I love this one. We had a friend in college who used to make this, so yummy.