CSS

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Creamy Spinach Tortellini

Everyone in my family loves this recipe. It's sooo good! Well...the little boys avoid the spinach. It comes from my friend Lori, by way of a church cookbook. I like to use tortellini, but you can also substitute ravioli. I also use a little less spinach than called for. The fresh basil really adds a lot of flavor to this, but you could use 1 1/2 tsps of dried instead.

Creamy Spinach Tortellini
1 lb. frozen cheese tortellini
2 TBSPs olive oil
1/2 cup onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
9 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed (I use a bit less)
1 cup tomato, chopped
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded

1. Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain and return to pan to keep warm.
2. In a large frying pan over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add onion and garlic; sauté 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in spinach, tomato, basil, salt, and pepper; cook another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in whipping cream and Parmesan cheese.
3. Cook until mixture just comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low and mix in tortellini; cook an additional 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Makes 4-6 servings


2 comments:

Lynnie said...

That looks soooo good.

Jordan said...

THis was so good Christine! I hope it turns out as good when I make it myself. :)