Sunday, November 22, 2015

Creamed Corn

My friend Dani brought this creamed corn to Friendsgiving last week. We all loved it so much there was hardly any leftover. I made it tonight because I really didn't get enough!! I used frozen white corn, but yellow is just as great. I thawed it by putting it in a bowl with some warm water. This side is just what your dinner needs!!

Creamed Corn
adapted from allrecipes.com
2 (16 ounce) packages frozen corn kernels, thawed
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 1/2 tsps salt
3 TBSPs sugar
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
3 TBSPs butter
1 1/2 cups whole milk
3 TBSPs flour
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese

1. In a skillet over medium heat, combine the corn, cream, salt, sugar, pepper and butter.
2. Whisk together the milk and flour, and stir into the corn mixture. Cook stirring over medium heat until the mixture is thickened, and corn is cooked through.
3. Remove from heat, and stir in the Parmesan cheese until melted. Serve hot.

0 comments: