Tuesday, November 17, 2015

My Friendsgiving Table

I had my first ever Friendsgiving yesterday! We divided up the cooking, so I didn't have to make much, which was sooo nice. I was pretty proud of my table, so I wanted to share a few pics of what I did.

My centerpiece planter box is from an Etsy shop called The Wood Paper Studio. I love it. I cut some branches from a plant for the middle, and put pine cones and leaves around it.

I used a piece of burlap from the fabric store as a tablecloth and the glasses and chargers are from Dollar Tree. Only $1 each! I've had them for a few years, but they still sell them!



I made a Friendsgiving sign by printing out letters on the computer using a font called home hearth outlinebold. I cut them out and taped them to some jute twine. I also hung some felt garland that I made a couple of years ago with felt and embroidery thread. 

Pitcher from TJ Maxx

 I started collecting silverplate flatware this year, and now have enough for a few settings. Still looking for some more knives though.


For my place cards, I collected leaves around my neighborhood. I chose the prettiest ones and then ironed them between sheets of waxed paper, covered with a thin kitchen towel, until they were dry. Then I used a gold sharpie to write names on them. The leaves were very brittle and I accidentally poked holes in a few while writing, so I'm glad I had some extras. I also collected some tiny pine cones. I put them in a zip lock bag and froze them over night to kill any little bugs that might have been hanging out inside. I tied my napkins with the same jute twine and stuck a leaf and a small branch of pine cones on top.





Overall it didn't take much time to set up and was fairly inexpensive. The dinner was amazing! And the company was the best!

0 comments: