I use a boxed mix sometimes when I'm lazy, but making brownies from scratch really isn't that much more work and they are 100 times better! This is my sister Leann's recipe, and these brownies are fudgy and delicious. Don't substitute the butter for margarine because they will not be the same! Check out Leann's comparison on her blog here. To make them extra chocolaty you add chocolate chips to the batter. I dusted mine with powdered sugar, but Leann likes to top them with mint frosting.Fudgy Double Chocolate Brownies
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup plus 3 TBSPs baking cocoa (or 1/2 cup minus 1 TBSP)
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips (or 1/2 cup regular semi sweet chips)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8x8 pan.
2. Combine melted butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl and mix well.
3. Add flour, cocoa, and salt. Mix until combined. Add chocolate chips and stir.
4. Spread batter into prepared pan and bake 20-25 minutes. Check at 20 minutes. If the middle jiggles too much and you don't like your brownies a little gooey, then bake 5 more minutes.
5. Let cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.