I made some party food last Sunday for the Super Bowl. We're not huge football fans, but just had to watch since we are living Seattle, and I must say, it was a great game. :) One of my husband's food requirements was bacon, so I made these. I did only a few, because you can really make however many you need with this recipe. They are so easy, and they turned out amazing.
Bacon Wrapped Lil' Smokies
adapted from mommysavers.com
1 pkg Lil' Smokies sausages
1 pkg bacon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean-up
2. Take bacon out of package and cut strips into thirds.
3. Drain Lil’ Smokies and them let them sit on paper towel to dry.
4. Wrap each Lil’ Smokie with one piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick and lay on cookie sheet. (If you don’t want to secure them with toothpicks just make sure to lay them seam side down on cookie sheet).
5. Sprinkle all of the Lil’ Smokies with brown sugar. You can use as much brown sugar as you want. The more brown sugar you use, the more they caramelize.
6. Place in oven and bake for 45 minutes. Serve with any type of dipping sauce or sauces that you like.