CSS

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy

I saw this on Pinterest and it the picture caught my eye. I made the recipe and tried to replicate the plating by serving it over Texas Toast with corn on the side. I really liked it. The hubby said it was a bit bland (he needed more pepper), but my kids ate it, so it passed the test.
 
Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy
themagicalslowcooker.com
1lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 pkts dry chicken gravy mix (0.87oz ea)
1 can cream of chicken soup (10 3/4oz )
2 cups of water
1/8 tsp black pepper

1. Put the gravy packets, cream of chicken soup, water and pepper in your slow cooker.
2. Whisk until the gravy is as smooth as you can get it.
3. Add the chicken breasts
4. Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours
Serve over mashed potatoes or rice.
Makes about 6 servings

1 comment:

Joyce said...

I made this for lunch yesterday and it was delicious! Thanks!