CSS

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup

I like tasty recipes that take shortcuts. This soup uses canned tomato soup, but with all the additions, you would never guess...well at least my husband didn't. :) The original recipe used refrigerated tortellini, but frozen is cheaper so I used that instead. I got a "This is quite tasty!", which means I will make it again. This was actually the first time I had ever used sundried tomatoes. I bought a little bag of them that I found near the canned tomatoes, chopped them up, and still have enough left to make this again.

Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup
adapted from mrsschwartzkitchen.blogspot.com 
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup
1 1/2 cups milk
2 cups half-and-half
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes or two TBSPs sundried tomato paste
1 tsp onion powder
2 tsps Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp salt
1 19oz pkg frozen tortellini
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese 

1. Sauté garlic with the olive oil in a large stock pot until golden brown. Be sure to keep an eye on it so it doesn't get too brown or burnt.
2. Add tomato soup, milk, half and half, chicken broth, sundried tomato and spices. Bring to a simmer. Once simmering, drop noodles into the soup. Cook according to the package directions.
3. After noodles are cooked, ladle into bowls and top with Parmesan cheese.

No comments: