CSS

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Slow Cooker Pesto Ranch Chicken

I found another slow cooker chicken recipe I like that is different than the others I've posted. The original recipe uses 4 thighs, but I've adapted it to a 3lb. bag of frozen chicken, because that is the easy way to do it! We had 2 meals with this chicken, one with stuffing, and the other with noodles. I ended up loving the noodles! I just chopped up the leftover chicken and added it to some Pasta Roni. It had a lot of basil flavor and actually made my crock pot smell like pesto for a few days, so watch out for that! :)

Slow Cooker Pesto Ranch Chicken
adapted from picky-palate.com
1 3lb. bag frozen chicken breasts
1 cup of basil pesto (I used an 8.1 oz jar)
1 pkg (.25oz) ranch dressing mix
1 cup chicken broth

Place chicken breasts into crock pot. Pour the pesto evenly over the chicken. Spread around a little to cover the chicken. Sprinkle the ranch dressing powder on top. Pour the chicken broth over the chicken. Close with lid and cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 8 hours.

Leftover Meal

Really good...really!

Basil Pesto

No comments: