CSS

Friday, September 30, 2011

Pie Crust Sticks

Yea! It's fall...although it doesn't feel like it here yet. It was 100 degrees yesterday. Anyway, I love fall because it's when I start using my oven more, and baking all kinds of yummy things. I made a pie recently (that didn't turn out that well, so I unfortunately won't be posting it) and I wanted to show what I do with the leftover crust. After you roll out your pie crust, fit it in the pan, and trim off the edges, you are usually left with a little bit of dough. Not enough to really do anything with, except make these. You can make them whatever shape you want. I cut them into strips with my fluted pastry wheel. My kids eat just them plain. To take a picture of them, I stuck mine in some Blue Bell Mexican praline ice cream, and it was so good!

Pie Crust Sticks
1. Roll out leftover dough.
2. Spread on butter or margarine. (I spray mine with spray butter.)
3. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
4. Cut into strips, or desired shapes
5. Place on a small baking sheet and bake with your pie for 10-12 minutes or until golden.

No comments: