CSS

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Zucchini Bread

At lunch the other day my husband said he felt like having some zucchini bread. Being the nice wife that I am, I went to the store (with all 4 kids) and bought some zucchini so I could have it made for him when he got home. This is the recipe I use. It's a pretty basic recipe that I got from my mom. I don't add nuts, but you most definitely can. I like to use the baking spray with flour. It makes them pop right out of the pan. To cut down on the bake time I made 5 mini loaves (5 3/4in. x 3in.) and baked for 40 min. My kids love to eat it as a snack after school. They freeze well, and make great gifts. UPDATE 6-2017 I've been making this with zucchinis from my garden and boy is it good! I even added some sugared pecan to one batch. YUM!

Zucchini Bread
3 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
2 tsps ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp nutmeg
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups sugar
3 eggs, beaten
3 tsps vanilla extract
2 cups grated zucchini

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and spray 2 loaf pans with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl add flour, salt, soda, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl mix together oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and zucchini until well blended.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until just blended. Pour mixture evenly into prepared loaf pans.
5. Bake for about 60 minutes, or until knife inserted into center come out clean.

Small loaves bake for about 35-40 minutes
Muffins bake for 22-25



1 comment:

Kristy said...

My sister adds chocolate chips, yummy. Love zucchini bread. And yes, you are such a nice wife!