I made these this week and we loved them. No oven or stove top required. All you need is a microwave. They are like a super duper rice krispie treat, and I love the saltiness that you get from the pretzels.
Chocolate-Peanut Butter Crunch Bars
adapted from pampered chef
3 cups mini pretzel twists, coarsley crushed (about 1 2/3 cups), divided
3 cups crisp rice cereal
3/4 cup butter, divided
1 bag (10.5 oz) miniature marshmallows
1/2 cup light corn syrup, divided
1 bag (10 oz) peanut butter chips
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup dry-roasted peanuts, chopped
1. Spray 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl place 1 1/3 cups of crushed pretzels (set aside remaining 1/3 cup). Add crisp rice cereal and mix.
3. Place 6 TBSPs of the butter in a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high 60-90 seconds or until melted. Add marshmallows; microwave on high 60-90 seconds. Stir until marshmallows are completely melted. Immediately add marshmallow mixture to to crushed pretzel and cereal mixture in mixing bowl; mix well. Spread crust evenly over prepared pan; firmly press into pan.
4. Combine 2 TBSPs of the butter and 1/4 cup corn syrup in medium microwave safe bowl. Microwave, on high 60-90 seconds or until melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in peanut butter chips; mix until melted (mixture will be stiff). Spread peanut butter mixture over crust.
5. For ganache, place remaining 2 TBSPs butter and 1/4 cup of corn syrup in small microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high 60-90 seconds or until melted. Stir in chocolate chips; mix until smooth. Spread ganache evenly over peanut butter mixture. Sprinkle with peanuts and reserved pretzels. Place in freezer 5-10 minutes or until ganache is set. Cut into 24 squares; cut squares in half.