This is my friend Glory's recipe. I tried them a couple of weeks ago and they are so yummy! I've made them twice since. They are the best right out of the oven, and only take about 45 minutes to make. She has always just eyeballed the topping. I measured out what I thought was about right and added the measurements to the recipe, you can adjust it as you like. When you take the dough out of the bowl to spread it out on the pan, keep some extra flour handy to prevent it from sticking to your hands.Glorious Breadsticks
adapted from a Glory Watts recipe
1 1/2 cups warm water
1 packet of yeast (or 2 1/4 tsps)
2 TBSPs sugar
3 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
3 TBSPs melted butter
3 TBSPs grated Parmesan cheese (the powdered kind)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1. In a 2 cup glass measuring cup, add water, sugar, and yeast. Whisk to combine. Let sit 10 minutes until frothy.
2. In mixing bowl add flour, 1/2 tsp salt, and yeast mixture. Mix with dough hook for 3 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes in the bowl.
3. Spray a baking sheet with non stick cooking spray (I use a 10 x 15.5 inch stoneware baking pan). Spread dough out onto baking sheet pressing out to the edges with your hands. Let rise 15 minutes.
4. Brush melted butter over the dough. Sprinkle on the Parmesan cheese, 1/2 tsp salt, and garlic powder. Cut into strips with a pizza cutter.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until light golden. Makes about 20.