If someone were to ask me for my family's favorite and most frequently made dish...this would be it. I got this recipe from my mother-in-law, not long after I was married. It is one of my favorite casseroles!
Chicken and Stuffing Casserole
adapted from Colleen
10-12 oz egg noodles
2 cups chicken, cooked and cubed
8 oz sour cream
1 can (10.5 oz) cream of mushroom soup
1 can (10.5 oz) cream of chicken soup
1 box of chicken flavored stuffing
1 can (10oz) chicken broth
¾ stick butter or margarine
1. Cook noodles; drain and set aside.
2. In a large bowl mix together chicken, sour cream, cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soups. Stir in noodles.
3. Spread mixture into bottom of 9 x 13 inch casserole dish. Sprinkle stuffing on top of chicken mixture.
4. In medium bowl melt butter. Add the chicken broth to the melted butter; stir. Pour the chicken broth and melted butter over the top of the stuffing.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.