I changed up my last cookie recipe to add candy corns! Perfect fall kid cookie! I even recruited my kids to help me make them by breaking the candy corns in half. These cookies sometimes have an irregular shape if the candy corns stick out and melt on the sides, but they taste sooo good!!
Candy Corn Cookies
2 cups flour
2 tsps cornstarch
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsps vanilla
1/2 cup vanilla chips
3/4 cup candy corns, chopped in half
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
2. In medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
3. In mixer with paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
4. Add flour mixture and to creamed mixture, and stir until combined. Stir in vanilla chips and candy corn pieces.
5. Using a TBSP sized scoop, drop dough onto prepared pan.
6. Bake on cookie sheets for 8-10 minutes. Let cool for 2 minutes on pan then transfer to wire rack.
Makes about 2 1/2 dozen