These cookies have endless possibilities! I made some for Valentine's Day with a strawberry cake mix and chocolate chips, but there are so many potential combinations! I got 30 cookies from this recipe and they were gone in 3 days. Can't tell you how many I ate...or won't. ;) One of the tricks with these is to shape the dough balls a little taller than normal on the pan, almost like a cylinder, before baking to make sure that they don't get too flat. I'm planning on trying some different cake mixes and I'll post more pics as I do.
Cake Mix Cookies
1 box (18.25 oz) cake mix, I used Pillsbury
1 tsp baking powder
2 large eggs
1/3 cup canola oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and baking powder. Set aside.
3. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, and vanilla by hand.
4. Add the egg mixture to the cake mixture and stir to form a dough. Continue mixing until egg mixture is incorporated and no dry cake mix remains. Gently mix in the chocolate chips.
5. Drop rounded balls of dough (about 2 TBSPs) onto prepared baking sheet, keeping the ball more tall than wide. Top with a few more chocolate chips, if desired.
6. Bake for 10 minutes. Do not let the cookies brown. Cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes about 2 1/2 dozen cookies
Strawberry and Semi Sweet Choc Chips