I meant to post this awhile back and totally forgot. I went to make it last week and couldn't find the recipe on my blog anywhere. So here it is now! This uses an entire loaf of French bread, which feeds more than my family. So if you're good with half a loaf, then half the recipe, unless you REEEEALLY like cheese garlic bread. The other food items pictured on my plate are Perfect Chicken and Creamy Garlic Pasta.
Cheesy Basil Garlic Bread
adapted from inspiredtaste.net
1 load of French bread
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter at room temperature
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Slice French bread in half lengthwise.
3. In a bowl, mix together garlic, salt, and butter. Stir until mixed well. Add cheeses and basil and stir until combined.
4. Spread butter mixture onto bread.
5. Place butter side up on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes until bread is golden around the edges and cheese had melted.
If you want the top to be a bit toastier, then give the bread a quick trip to the broiler.