CSS

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Deviled Eggs

I recently posted recipe for something my husband loves and I DO NOT. Now it's time for one that I LOVE (and he doesn't)! :) We had these deviled eggs with our Easter dinner. I could eat them all day, but unfortunately hard boiled eggs somehow make my husband spout all kinds of negative things relating to their smell. They even had to stay in the garage fridge. Poor little eggs! They are simple to make and this is how I like them. I have also included instructions on how I boil my eggs after the recipe.

Deviled Eggs
12 hard boiled eggs, peeled
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp vinegar
1 tsp mustard
1/8 - 1/4 tsp salt
Paprika or chili powder (optional)

1. Slice eggs in half lengthwise. Scoop out the yolks and place them in a bowl. Mash them with a fork. Add mayo, vinegar, mustard and salt. Mix well.
2. Spoon or pipe yolk mixture into whites. Sprinkle paprika or chili powder on top for garnish, if desired. Keep refrigerated until serving.

How I hard boil my eggs:  Put them in the bottom of a pan, and fill it with cold water to an inch above the top of the eggs. Bring to a rolling boil. As soon as it boils, cover and remove from heat. Let sit 15 minutes. Dump out hot water and fill pan with cold water. Peel when cooled.

Oops, I stuck my thumb in one.


No comments: