I love when I can make a meal and only dirty one pan! No precooking the noodles for this spaghetti dinner, because it all cooks all together in one skillet. Believe it or not, this recipe comes to you from the back of my pasta box! I used Italian sausage and got to have a nice conversation with my kids about the strange taste of fennel. The canned tomatoes make for an easy sauce and of course everything is better with a little cheese. :)
Spaghetti Skillet Dinner
8 oz thin spaghetti, broken in half
16 oz Italian sausage or ground beef
1/2 - 3/4 cup diced onion
14.5 oz can Italian Style diced tomatoes
8 oz can Italian Style tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 to 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Brown sausage and onions in a large skillet over medium heat. Drain grease. Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and water.
2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
3. Bring back to a boil. Stir in uncooked pasta, mixing well.
4. Cover and simmer 20 minutes, stirring often to separate pasta.
5. Sprinkle with cheese and serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers.