These are sweet, buttery, flaky goodness and you can make them with only two ingredients! Well, one of them is frozen puff pastry, but that's not cheating, right?! I am posting these just in time for Valentine's Day because I love how they look like cute little hearts! I don't usually do step by step pictures, but I thought it might be helpful with this recipe. So here goes!adapted from icingdesignsonline.blogspot.com
1 pkg of frozen puff pastry
1. Take one roll of puff pastry out of the freezer and let come to almost room temperature.
2. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of sugar on table or flat surface. Unfold the pastry sheet and place it on the sugar. Sprinkle another 1/4 of sugar on top of the pastry sheet. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough just slightly. You mostly just want to work the sugar into the dough a bit.
3. Begin rolling the sides in starting with about 1/2 an inch. Continue rolling until they meet in the middle. Roll one side on top of the others so that the rolls are stacked. Slice the roll into about 1/2 inch slices.
4. Place the slices on a parchment covered baking sheet, leaving some space between them. Sprinkle the tops with a little more sugar. Place them in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake straight from the refrigerator for 8 minutes. Remove them from the oven and flip them over with a spatula. Return to the oven for 6-8 more minutes or until they are golden and caramelized. Cool on wire rack.