adapted from allrecipes.com
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup sour cream
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1 TBSP cinnamon
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup powdered sugar
1-2 TBSPs milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 10-inch bundt pan.
2. Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy. The mixture should be noticeably lighter in color. Add eggs one at a time, allowing each egg to blend into the butter mixture before adding the next. Mix in vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Pour flour mixture into batter alternately with the sour cream, beginning and ending with flour, mixing until just incorporated. Fold in walnuts, mixing just enough to evenly combine. Pour half the batter into the prepared pan.
4. In a small bowl, mix the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar with the cinnamon.
5. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the batter in the pan. Drop remaining cake batter in heaping spoonfuls over filling, covering it as best you can.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 50-55 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
7. Combine powdered sugar and milk, adding enough milk to make desired consistency, and mix until combined. Drizzle over cooled cake.