CSS

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Slow Cooker Ham

I tried a new way to cook my Easter ham this year. I stuck in in the slow cooker! I loved this idea because it freed up the oven for my potato casserole. There are many recipes online for slow cooker ham. In every single one I looked at, they had you discard the glaze packet and mix your own brown sugar and seasonings. That didn't make sense to me. SO, here's what I did. I put my 8lb. ham in my slow cooker and rubbed the seasoning packet all over it, top and bottom. Then I poured 1 cup of pineapple juice over the top. I cooked it on low for 6 hours. Next time I might try 4-5 hours because it seemed a tiny bit drier than I would have liked. Other than that it worked like a charm.

This is my before pic. I forgot to take an after one because we were ready to eat!

No comments: