CSS

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter Bird Nests

I've been wanting to make these and I finally remembered to buy the ingredients. My kids helped out, but the pretzel part was a little too difficult for them, so they just helped stick the eggs and peeps on. I didn't put peeps on all of them because some of us don't like them. We took a few over to our neighbors. It's a fun easy spring treat.

Easter Bird Nests
1 pkg (24oz) white almond bark
1 16oz bag of pretzel sticks
Candy eggs
Peeps (optional)

1. Melt the almond bark in a microwave safe bowl. Remove 1/4 cup of melted bark and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, dump about 1/2 of pretzel sticks in and pour melted bark on top. Stir well to coat pretzels. Add more pretzels if needed. I used about 3/4 of my bag. Don't use too many or they wont stick together well.
3. Scoop a small amount of pretzels onto waxed paper or foil. Using forks, arrange sticks into a nest shape. I made about 22 nests.
4. Dip bottom of peeps, and candy eggs into reserved melted bark and place on nests.
5. Let harden and store in an airtight container.


These are the eggs we used. They are my favorite!!

Since they were so cute, I displayed them on my cupcake stand.

No comments: