CSS

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Meat

We really like the pork taco meat recipe I've previously posted here, but sometimes I use chicken instead. It has way less fat and grease, and is a lot easier than working with a big hunk of pork. Plus, I don't cook it overnight like the pork recipe ( I don't like smelling the meat all night long). 

Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Meat
3lbs. frozen chicken breasts
1 24oz jar salsa
2 cups brown sugar

1. Place the frozen chicken breasts into the slow cooker. Pour half the jar of salsa over the chicken. Sprinkle 1 cup brown sugar on top. Cover and cook on high for 6 hours.
2. Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and discard the liquid. Shred chicken and place back in slow cooker.
3. Cover chicken with remaining salsa and brown sugar. Cook on low 1 hour, then stir the chicken to coat the meat. Cook on low for 1 more hour.



Chicken after cooking for 6 hours, shredded and drained.


Adding more salsa and brown sugar



Taco :)

3 comments:

Charmain said...

Looks good! I think I'm going to try this tomorrow night! Love your recipes!

Glory Watts said...

Just started this meal, but didn't look close enough at the cook time...looks like we'll be having dinner at midnight! Haha! Looks so yummy, can't wait to eat it!

Lisa said...

I never thought to add brown sugar. I bet it tastes great! I make a version of this with the salsa, chicken and a packet of taco seasoning. I am going to have to try it this way too!