CSS

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Homemade Oreos

This recipe is from my friend Heidi. I first had them a couple years ago and I just had to get the recipe. They are so easy and tasty! When I made them this time I decided to try a peanut butter filling too. I make the cookies a little bigger than the recipe says. I do about a TBSP size ball and bake for 10 minutes.

Homemade Oreos
Cookies
2 pkgs chocolate fudge cake mix
1 cup butter, softened
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

Filling
 1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla

For Cookies: Mix all ingredients together until well blended. Dough will be stiff. Roll balls the size of a cherry and bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Cool completly on wire rack.
For Filling: Mix all ingredients until smooth. Add a tiny bit of milk if necessary. Spread some on the flat side of cookie and put another cookie on top, flat side down. Be generous with filling.
Makes about 3 dozen sandwiches.

Peanut Butter Filling
Williams-Sonoma
1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract

Beat all ingredients together with spoon until blended and smooth. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

So yummy. Glad I got to try them!

Denise said...

Do you have any left over because I live really close? You should give some to the people you visit teach
; )

Kristy said...

we're going to make these tomorrow, I love these, and now I want them.