Celebrate Earth Day with these sugar cookies! You can add food coloring to any sugar cookie dough, or use my recipe below.1 cup butter, softened
Earth Day Cookies
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
Blue food coloring
Green food coloring
1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla.
2. Gradually blend in dry ingredients. Mix until dough comes together.
3. Divide dough about in half making one half slightly larger than the other. Add blue food coloring to the larger half and green food coloring to the smaller half to get desired color. You can mix it in with the mixer, stir it with a spoon, or even knead it in by hand.
4. Once the food coloring has been mixed in, pull a few small pieces from each color of dough and roll them into a ball with your hands. It should be about tablespoon sized. Place balls on ungreased cookie sheets.
5. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes. Let stand on cookie sheet 2 minutes before removing to cool on wire rack.
Makes 2 1/2 dozen