Love these!! This is fall in a little paper cup. Now that it's finally starting to cool off at night here in Texas, these will go perfectly with my hot cocoa and TV watching. :) The Pumpkin Pie Spice is a McCormick seasoning that is made up of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice. So if you don't have any, you can make your own mixture with those 4 spices.
adapted from thenovicechefblog.com
1 3/4 cups flour
2 tsps pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cup canola oil
2 tsps vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Batter
1 pkg (8oz) package cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 18 muffin cups with liners.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda, and salt until well combined. Set aside.
3. In large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, sugar, and brown sugar. Beat in eggs, oil, and vanilla extract. Slowly whisk in the flour mixture, until there are no lumps.
4. Using a large scoop (about 1/4 cup), scoop batter into the prepared muffin pan.
5. In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1 egg, 1/3 cup sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
6. Drop 1 TBSP of cream cheese batter into each muffin cup and use a toothpick to swirl it into the batter a little.
7. Bake muffins for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Store leftovers in refrigerator.