CSS

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Caprese Chicken Panini

I bought a beautiful basil plant from Trader Joe's! It sat on my porch for a month until I finally decided I had better make use of  it! We had these sandwiches for lunch and they were amazing! I made them in a sandwich press, but you can cook them on the stove top too.

Caprese Chicken Panini
Bread (I sliced up a loaf of french bread)
Fresh mozarella slices
Deli lunch meat chicken
Tomato slices
Basil leaves
Balsamic vinegar
Mayo
Butter, if desired

Spread a slice of bread with mayo. Layer chicken, tomato slices, basil leaves, mozarella. Drizzle mozarella with a little balsamic vinegar. Top the sandwich with another slice of bread. Butter the outer sides of the bread, if desired, and cook them in a sandwich press or a skillet on the stove top until golden.

Here's the cheese I used. It had a $1.00 off coupon attached. ;)





No comments: