Another new main dish recipe! I'm sure fajitas aren't new to you, but maybe this marinade is. Loved it and will definitely use this recipe again.
adapted from tasteofhome.com
4 TBSPs canola oil, divided2 TBSPs lime juice
1 1/2 tsps seasoned salt
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground oregano
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, pounded to 1/4 inch thick
1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
1 medium green pepper, julienned
1 small onion, sliced
Tortillas, shredded cheese, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, and other desired toppings.
1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 TBSPs oil, lime juice and seasonings; add the chicken. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-4 hours (the longer the better).
2. In a large skillet, saute peppers and onions in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
3. Discard marinade. In the same skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove from pan and slice.
4. Return pepper mixture and chicken to pan; heat through.
5. Spoon filling down the center of tortillas; fold in half. Serve with desired toppings.
Makes 8 servings.