I thought I had posted this recipe! I searched my blog to make these and realized that I hadn't. Luckily I still had the recipe card! We went blueberry picking and brought home 10 lbs. of berries. My first thought of what to do with them was these muffins. I love their crumb topping. This recipe also works well for chocolate chip muffins, just substitute chocolate chips for the blueberries.
Blueberry Muffins with Crumb ToppingTopping
3/4 cup flour
1/3 cup margarine
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 egg beaten
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup oil
1 cup blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prepare a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners or non stick baking spray.
2. For topping: Combine topping ingredients in a medium sized bowl and mix using a pastry blender or fork, cutting up the margarine into no bigger than pea sized pieces. Set aside.
3. For muffins: In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
4. Add egg, buttermilk, and oil; stir until just blended.
5. Gently fold in blueberries
6. Divide muffin batter evenly among prepared cups. Sprinkle each cup of batter with 1 1/2 TBSPs of topping mixture.
7. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-17 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
Makes 12 muffins
10 lbs of berries!!