I'm really into using my slow cooker right now. I love not having to do much dinner prep. This recipe make a lot of chicken and we actually used it for two meals, nachos, and then we stuck the leftovers in tortillas for another dinner. I really liked the flavor. Just make sure as with any nachos, that you eat them right away so they don't get soggy.Fiesta Chicken Nachos
adapted from phemomenon.com
4 chicken boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can corn, drained
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 small can tomato paste
1 10oz can green enchilada sauce
1/2 TBSP chili powder
1/2 cup water
8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature and cut into small pieces
1 large bag tortilla chips
2 cups shredded cheddar jack cheese
Garnish ideas: Fresh avocado, guacamole, sour cream, tomatoes, cilantro,
1. Place the chicken breasts in your slow cooker. Add the corn and black beans to the chicken in the slow cooker.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the tomato paste, enchilada sauce, salt, chili powder and water. Pour the tomato and enchilada sauce mixture over the chicken, corn and black beans to cover.
3. Cook the chicken mixture on low for 4-5 hours.
4. Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and place it on a plate to shred using a fork. Add the chicken back into the slow cooker along with the cream cheese pieces and stir to melt. Place the lid back on the slow cooker and cook another 15 minutes until the mixture is well combined and the cream cheese is hot and melted.
5. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
6. Lightly oil a large baking sheet and even spread the tortilla chips over the pan. Using a spoon or tongs distribute some of the chicken mixture all over the chips (there will most likely be about half the chicken mixture left over for another batch or pan, or for burritos or as enchilada filling). Sprinkle the two cups of shredded cheese evenly over the chips and chicken, using as much or as little as you like.
7. Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 7-10 minutes depending on how melted and toasted you like the cheese.
Serve with garnishes of choice, or as is.