CSS

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Creamy Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad

I made this pasta salad for a 4th of July BBQ. I wanted to make a pasta salad that had things in it my kids like. I thought of it kinda like a variation of a BLT, without the L. You could use any shape of pasta you like. I used salad macaroni noodles. If it has soaked up too much of the sauce and seems kinda dry when you're ready to serve it, add a little milk and stir it in.

Creamy Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
adapted from allrecipes.com
12oz. of pasta, cooked, drained, and rinsed with cool water
1 1/2 cups cucumber, peeled and chopped
1 1/2 cups tomato, chopped
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, cubed
8 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 cup mayo
1 (1oz.) pkg ranch dressing mix
1/4 tsp garlic powder
Pepper to taste
1/2 cup milk

In a large bowl, mix bacon, mayo, ranch dressing mix, garlic powder, and pepper. Stir in milk until smooth. Place pasta, cucumber, tomato, and cheese in bowl and toss to coat with dressing. Cover and chill at least 1 hour in the refrigerator. Toss with additional milk if the salad seems a little dry.

Variation - Substitute mayo ranch sauce for 1 container Marzetti Ranch Dip.



3 comments:

Lisa said...

Looks great...reminds me of the macaroni salads my dad made while I was growing up. Can't wait to try it.

Unknown said...

Delicious. Perfect recipe

Christine said...

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it!