CSS

Friday, March 1, 2013

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Coconut Chewies

I love these cookies! These are the first cookies I've ever made with coconut and they are so good! I've been making this dough and freezing it in balls. You can read more about that here. The original recipe did not have chocolate chips, but I like to add them. :) 

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Coconut Chewies
adapted from melskitchencafe.com
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup butter, softened
2 tsps vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup shredded, sweetened coconut
1 cup quick oats
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl cream together the sugar, eggs, butter and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a greased or lined (silpat or parchment) baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes, until the cookies are set but not overly browned.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

these were delicious! yummy. So glad that even if you move away, I can still eat your food.

Lori said...

Can't wait to try these. My Mother-in-Law makes cookies similar to these but she uses mini M&Ms instead of chocolate chips. I just found your blog from Pinterest and I am in love!