CSS

Monday, April 23, 2012

Side Idea - Garlic Smashed Potatoes

This is a great way to use the garlic butter sauce you get from some pizza chains. I saw my MIL do this years ago, and now I always save my sauce to put in mashed potatoes. If you cook about 3 lbs. of potatoes and use 1 container of sauce you will get a slight garlic flavor. If you want a strong garlic flavor then use 2. Or you could just stir it in to taste. I like to change up my mashed potatoes sometimes and try different things like adding cream cheese, or sour cream, so I don't always follow a recipe, but this is how I made the potatoes in my picture.

Garlic Smashed Potatoes
3lbs. cooked red potatoes (skins on)
1/4 cup butter, cut into pieces
3/4 cup half and half
1 garlic butter cup (more if desired)
3/4 cup cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste

1. Smash cooked red potatoes with potato masher. Add butter pieces, half and half, and garlic butter cup. Mash with potato masher until combined.
2. Sprinkle on cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Mix to combine.

These taste great paired with my mini meatloaves!