I had to post this separately because it's such a fun fall dinner. I use a chicken pot pie filling recipe that I've posted and also my pie crust. It's really an all in one dinner, because once you've eaten all the yummy filling you get to start on the squash. It takes a little bit of time to prepare these, but you could always make it easier and buy the refrigerated crust.
Chicken Pot Pie in an Acorn Squash
6 acorn squash (about 1 1/2 pounds each)
Chicken Pot Pie Filling
Single Pie Crust
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Prepare the pie crust. Roll out, and cut the dough into 24 lattice strips (about 3/4in. wide and 4-5in. long). Cover and refrigerate until needed.
3. Wash the acorn squash. Cut the stems off of the tops. Slice the bottoms off and scoop out the seeds. Place squash on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle the squash with salt and pepper and cover each with foil. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
4. Prepare the chicken pot pie filling.
5. When the squash is done, remove the foil and fill each squash with pot pie filling. Arrange the strips of pie dough on the tops of the squash.
6. Return to the oven and bake for 30 more minutes.