CSS

Friday, August 19, 2011

Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken

I love an easy slow cooker dish! Using a good bottled BBQ sauce is the trick to making this taste amazing. I like to use Stubbs or Sweet Baby Ray's Sweet ’n Spicy. I think that a spicy, not sweet,  BBQ sauce works best in this recipe because the addition of brown sugar adds the sweetness. I also like to top my BBQ sandwiches with my cole slaw found here.

Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken
adapted from allrecipes.com
6 frozen skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 can of chicken broth
Salt and pepper to taste
1 (12 ounce) bottle BBQ sauce
1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 TBSPs Worcestershire sauce

1. Place chicken in a slow cooker. Pour chicken broth over the chicken, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Cook on low 6-8 hours.
3. Remove chicken from slow cooker, and drain the remaining liquid. Shred chicken and place back in slow cooker.
4. In a bowl, mix the BBQ sauce, Italian salad dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over the chicken and stir to combine.
5. Cover, and cook on low 1 more hour.
Serve on buns or rolls and top with extra sauce, pickles, and or cole slaw.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had this at Christine's house and went home and made my own. It was wonderful.

Unknown said...

I love this Recipe it sounds so good!