I go through phases with cookie recipes. This is the one I have been making recently. 3 times in the last month to be precise. :) Twice with m&ms and once with mini Reeses' pieces. I like to freeze the leftover dough in balls and then bake them when needed, straight out of the freezer. All you have to do is add 2-3 extra minutes to the bake time. The cornstarch in the recipe acts as a tenderizer. It also works without the oats, and you can of course substitute chocolate chips.2 cups flour
Mini M&M Cookies
2 tsps cornstarch
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsps vanilla
1/3 cup quick oats
1 cup mini m&ms, or other add in
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
2. In medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
3. In mixer with paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
4. Add flour mixture and to creamed mixture, and stir until combined. Stir in oats and m&ms.
5. Using a TBSP sized scoop, drop dough onto prepared pan.
6. Bake on cookie sheets for 8-10 minutes. Let cool for 2 minutes on pan then transfer to wire rack.
Makes 2 1/2 dozen