Carrot Pineapple Coconut Muffins
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsps cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes (optional)
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup buttermilk
8 oz can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
1 cup grated carrots, loosely packed
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease muffin tins or line with paper muffin cups.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and coconut.
3. In a medium bowl, add the butter, egg, vanilla, buttermilk, pineapple, and carrots. Stir to combine.
4. Pour carrot mixture into the flour mixture. Stir just until everything is blended.
5. Using a large scoop (about 1/4 cup), scoop batter into the prepared muffin tin.
6. Bake for 20-22 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the tops of the muffins spring back when lightly pressed. Let cool in pan 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack.
Makes about 18 muffins.
For mini muffins bake at 375 degrees F for 10-12 minutes.